Welcome to Family & Consumer Science!
The unique focus of Family and Consumer Sciences is the role of the family as it relates to the individual, family, employment and community. This is a program designed to provide active participation and hands-on activities for young men and women to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors needed for:
• Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
• Becoming responsible citizens and leaders for family, community and work settings.
• Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
• Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
• Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
• Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments.
• Successful life management, employment and career development.
• Functioning as providers and consumers of goods and services.
• Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.