Period 1 & 2 = Work Force Foundations II, I
Period 3 = Work Seminar & Work Force Foundations IV
Periods 5-7 = is Job site coordination
Assessment = Rubric documents for evaluation
My "Style" (Whitehead, 1929) as a teacher of individuals with special education needs is to
• Structure learning environments where every student has opportunity to grow and develop self-regulation behaviors to reach their fullest potential.
• Provide sensory rich, hope-filled, environment where students act, think and feel.
• Romance knowledge, inspire, facilitate, coach, and evaluate.
• Build connections between new learning and prior knowledge.
• Encourage self-determination surrounded by the freedoms of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Click here and check out the "Notepads & More..." site.
June 2018 I was invited to deliver a message at Eagan High's graduation. Words of encourage to the class of 2018 and beyond
"Independence is more than just 'knowing how to do something.' It requies learning not only what to do but also when, why, how much and when to stop and start. Being truly independent means being able to recognize that a different response might be a better choice, than change course, and do what it takes to accomplish the task. Learning this demands patience, practice and a willingness to risk and work around failure." -Patricia Romanowski Bashe
WorkBenifitsYouth.org As part of the Minnesota Olmstead plan, the Department of Human Services in collaboration with the Department of Education and Vocational Rehabilitation Services developed the Work∙Benefits∙Youth campaign to help families see how disability benefits support work for youth.
MN Resource Guide Preparing Students with Disabilities for Postsecondary Environment