1. Provides for real world learning.
2. Shapes a quality work force for the 21st Century.
3. Develops employability skills and productive worker behaviors for competition in a global economy.
4. Is an essential part of high school curriculum and provides an opportunity to meet graduation standards.
5. Creates a pathway for school to career success.
6. Provides support for the student's educational and personal success.
7. Fosters life-long skills of citizenship, personal responsibility, economic independence, and community involvement.
8. Gives students an opportunity to develop self-advocacy skills by connecting with a mentor in supportive partnership.
9. Builds an essential partnership link between home, school, and the business community.
10. Uses instructional practices that are respectful of the diverse backgrounds that students bring to the classroom and workplace.